Sediment strainers protect pipeline components such as pumps and meters by removing suspended solids and impurities. Transparent thermoplastic construction permits easy detection of the screen's condition. Also available with an in-line clean out valve to flush accumulated solids out of the strainer port.
Ideal Applications Include chemical processing, aquariums, mining, water treatment, landfills and many more.
- True Union design facilitates installation or repair without expanding the pipeline
- Large filtration capacities and low pressure drops
- Transparent PVC strainer body permits easy evaluation of filter screen's condition
- Complete thermoplastic construction
- Pressure rating: 1/2" - 2", 150 psi; 3" and 4", 85 psi
- End Connectors: Sizes 1/2" - 2" supplied with two sets of end connectors (socket and threaded)
- 20 mesh PVC screen
- FKM seals for corrosive media
- PVC screens available in 30 and 40 mesh
- Stainless Steel 316 screens available in 20, 40 and 60 mesh
- Inline cleaning (clean out valve)
Tips on Sediment Strainers
- Clean screen regularly.
- Union nut of screening section can be removed for quick and easy maintenance (no need to remove body from pipeline).
- Sediment strainers protect pipeline's important and costly components, such as pumps and meters, by removing suspended particles and impurities. Filtering section must face downward when installed.
- You must identify flow direction, shown by molded "Arrow" on the body, before installation.